Cafe Ordinance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to play the CO role-play.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ninethousandandone
Admin
ninethousandandone

How to play the CO role-play. Empty
PostSubject: How to play the CO role-play.   How to play the CO role-play. I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 5:52 pm

These are the rules for the CO role-play.

Firstly, I am the Game master, what I say goes.

Secondly, any breaking of the rules will result in the deletion of your character sheet.
(note that you can re-join the role-play but you will start form scratch)

If you wish to start using the CO role-play, send me a PM with "role-play" as the subject field.

Then you will be required to fill in the character sheet, simply go to profile > character sheet

you will need to decide on;

a name,
a race,
your age,
your allegiance
and your class.

you can also fill out a brief description/history for your character and upload a picture to represent you, if you wish.

Now what about the actual game?

Well when you start, i will place you on your factions home planet. From here you can do just about anything you want! simply post in the main game thread and I will approve or deny your action.

if the action is something almost impossible to fail at (e.g eating a cheeseburger) then it will be automatically done.

If not (e.g climbing a mountain) then I will give you a difficulty level. all you need to do is roll the skill die and get equal to or higher than the difficulty level.

More info on rolling dice here

Items

Items come in two categories;

Useful
Decorative

Decorative items are simply decorative. They have no affect on the game. You may edit your decorative items whenever you wish.

Useful items will allow you to modify dice rolls by a given amount (e.g climbing gear would allow you to add 2 to any actions involving climbing.)
(note useful items are used AFTER an action has been failed.)

Example thread.

You: Jimbob wants to climb the stairs.

Me: Approved. Jimbob is now at the top of the stairs. the door in front of Jimbob is locked.

You: Jimbob wants to pick lock.

Me: Difficulty level: 7

You roll a 6.

Me: Action failed, would you like to use your lock-picks?

You: Yes please almighty GM.

Me: action successful

Combat

Combat works by you enemy rolling a fight die and you rolling your own fight die.

If the enemy's result is higher then you will lose a number of health points equal to the difference on the dice.

If the results are the same then you have blocked each other and you roll again.

If your total is higher then the enemy will lose a number of health points equal to the difference on the dice.

This will carry on until one of you dies or attempts to flee.

If you attempt to flee then you will lose a number of health points equal to the score of a fight die rolled by the enemy. (a maximum of 20!) You may attempt to flee at anytime

Some useful items can be used in combat, these are used in exactly the same way.
(note that sometimes combat wont be player v player, if this is the case then I will be the enemy.)

Example combat

Me: a large cat jumps from behind the door. Fight or flee?

You: Fight, (rolls an 11)

Me: Large cat rolls a 20, you lose 9 HP

You: Rolls a 3

Me: Large cat rolls a 20, you lose 17 HP

You: Attempts to flee.

Me: Large cat rolls a 1, you lose 1 HP.

The aim of the game is to become the most dominant faction by crushing all those around you, without being crushed your self!

Have fun!

Last edited by ninethousandandone on Mon May 31, 2010 9:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://cafeordinance.donut.tv
Jamie
Admin
Jamie

Character sheet
Name: Jorge
Health:
How to play the CO role-play. Left_bar_bleue64/100How to play the CO role-play. Empty_bar_bleue  (64/100)
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: How to play the CO role-play.   How to play the CO role-play. I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 5:05 am

You had my hopes up!!! >.<
Back to top Go down
http://cafeordinance.donut.tv
tom206

PostSubject: Re: How to play the CO role-play.   How to play the CO role-play. I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 6:08 am

I am interested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to play the CO role-play.   How to play the CO role-play. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to play the CO role-play.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cafe Ordinance :: Off-Topic :: Forum Games :: CO Role-play-
Jump to: